Hanna + Hutchinson Consulting Engineers Ltd was formed by Ciaran Hanna and John Hutchinson in November 2011, having spent 14 and 21 years respectively with international design practice Building Design Partnership Ltd, where they both rose to become Directors. This has provided them with invaluable experience in their respective fields, enabling them to deliver some of the key projects within Ireland and the UK.
Hanna + Hutchinson operate in the private and public sector, with particular experience in Education, Retail, Industrial, Residential, Leisure and Infrastructure. We have recently worked on The Grand Central Hotel, Finnebrogue factories and Windsor Baptist church. Our clients include Antrim Borough Council, the Southern Education Library Board, Graham, Farrans, NI Water, Finnebrogue, Creagh Concrete, NI Housing Executive and Friends’ School Lisburn, to mention a few. Examples of our work are shown in Sectors.
At Hanna + Hutchinson we understand that providing the best value to our clients depends on our greatest asset – the quality of our staff. We are fortunate that our growing team is highly experienced and we currently have 7 Chartered Engineers, 2 Graduate Engineer, 2 Technicians and 1 Business Analyst.
To effectively deliver our commissions we have 6 high quality workstations which allow Hanna + Hutchinson to commit to carry out all design work in full compliance with the current BIM protocols.
What We Do
Hanna and Hutchinson Consulting Engineers can provide the following civil, structural and fire engineering services:
• Structural design of buildings including foundations, basements, steel frames, concrete frames and timber frames
• Structural design of Footbridges
• Structural Surveys and Inspections of buildings including domestic and commercial properties
• Procurement of ground investigation surveys for foundation design purposes
• Civil Engineering design of external works such as roads, pavings, earthworks, retaining walls, foul drainage, storm drainage and SUDS
• Sports pitch design in grass and synthetic surfaces
• Fire Safety Strategy
• Performance based fire engineering of structures
• Nonlinear finite element modelling
• 3D Modelling with Auotcad Revit Software and Civils 3D
• Statutory Approvals / Planning Applications
• Project Management
• Contract Management
• Independent Monitoring Services
We aim to offer premium, innovative and sustainable structural, civil and fire engineering consultancy services that contribute to the changing face of construction in the UK and Ireland.
To offer sustainable, economical and high quality civil and structural engineering consultancy services which are responsive to our client’s needs and ideals; this is achieved through our ability to innovate whilst reflecting on past experience. We provide an environment that is conducive to the personal and professional development of our team by fostering a working environment based on mutual respect and creativity.
We strive to become an integral part of the construction industry, growing to effectively meet the demand for civil and structural engineering design services in both the private and public sectors. We want to fully utilise Building Information Modelling (BIM) and 3D modelling to efficiently deliver award winning engineering services for our clients.